Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Of Nominations and Type-Casting...

So I didn't get nominated for a Pavilion Award for the musical and I have to say I'm pretty shocked. I'm not one who is usually cocky, but I thought I definitely had a chance... Guess I was wrong, right? Absolutely. I wouldn't have cared if I had won... I just wanted the damn nomination. For those of you who don't know, the Pavilion Awards are like... The Grammys for high school theater in Cortland County. So I don't really know what to say or think right now... All I want to do, and just might do... Is write a web series of some sort, with some sort of kick ass character for myself, and produce a few episodes over the summer. I've already got a few ideas (okay, rip-offs) for one. I've been working on this one series, called The Weird Brothers, which is kind of a combination of shows like Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, and The Secret Circle... It's about this teenaged guy who comes home from a mental institution for the first time in months and discovers that he and his three younger brothers all have magic powers and an intertwined destiny that they have to figure out for themselves, because their parents abandoned them while they were young and they live with two really weird uncles. It sounds simple but I have a lot of ideas. A lot... I mostly start these sorts of things because I'm sick of being seen as one type of character, namely the dumb-funny characters and I like to invision myself playing something different. Like a bad ass or... Even, as nutty as it sounds for me, the leading male. But apparently, I'm not aware of my own limitations to believe I can be anything but funny or dumb... Whatever. Type-casting is the dumbest shit ever. I know it's nutty but I think it's okay to have a goal like that, even if I don't actually achieve it. It's nice to have something to work towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment